The Bethany Arts Community campus is located in Ossining, NY, a historic Hudson River Valley town just 40 miles north of New York City. Situated on 25 serene and picturesque acres our facilities combine a charming 1920’s period building with a later addition of a 1950’s dormitory and instructional style wing.
BAC is surrounded by abundant perennial beds, expansive lawns and a fruit orchard. BAC is preserving its historic structure while providing the community with a range of accessible arts programs and creating opportunities that will draw global artists to our region.We offer children’s and adult programs, a performance venue, multiple galleries, rehearsal spaces, affordable studio spaces, short-term artist residencies, a public sculpture garden and meditation trail.
Our Facilities include:
- 44,000 sq ft. facility
- 25 wooded acres to explore nature & inspire
- Former chapel converted into a 99-seat performance venue, with flexible seating and modular stage for multiple configurations (proscenium, thrust, theater in the round, exhibition)
- Up to 27 individual artist studios
- Up to 27 sleeping accommodations – from single dorm rooms to multi-bedroom apartments
- 1,560 sq. ft of rehearsal and performance space outfitted with sprung floor for dance and movement arts
- Multiple teaching/workshop spaces • Large commercial kitchen.
Renting a studio at BAC is much more than just renting a space. You will be joining a community where like-minded creative people will support each other and collaborate. If you are looking to rent a studio, please contact us.