The library was created in the 1880s at the village’s Park School. It was first chartered as the Sing Sing Public Library in 1893. Its first permanent location was a Carnegie libraryon Croton Avenue, replaced by a modern building in 1968, and again replaced with the current facility in 2007. The collections of the library include 117,987 items. As a member of the 38-member Westchester Library System, the Ossining Public Library can also offer its patrons access to the holdings of the other county libraries.